JOIN OUR FAMILY
In this position, your primary responsibility will be safely and efficiently performing duties necessary to the successful completion of heavy/highway construction projects. These projects may include asphalt/paving, pipelaying and utility installation, dirt/earthwork, and/or concrete work.
Duties may include:
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Assist in the installation of sewer, water, and storm drain pipes, using pipe-laying machinery and laser guidance equipment.
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed
- Prepare road surfaces for hot asphalt material
- Distribute and rake asphalt material.
- Finish surfaces by smoothing and tamping asphalt material to grade and thickness.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Perform set up and cleanup tasks at jobsite
- Operation of various equipment including jackhammers, tampers, skid steers, compactors
- Perform all work efficiently and safely in accordance with State, Federal and Company regulations
- Finish assigned tasks on time with high standards of quality
To be successful candidates must have:
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn
- Work outside in all types of weather
- Attentive, alert and observant
- Ability to comprehend and carry out instruction
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience is preferred.
Drug Screening and Background Check required.
Eastern States Construction Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Go to the following link to apply online:
Careers at Eastern States Construction
Eastern States Construction Service, Inc. is regularly seeking reliable and hard working employees in a variety of positions on our crews and office staff. Employees enjoy unparalleled growth opportunities, with many building lifelong careers within our family-owned company. Our employees receive competitive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, disability and life insurance as well as paid vacation and holidays and 401k plan.
Interested in growing your career as a part of the Eastern States team? We accept resumes and applications only for open positions.
TO APPLY: PLEASE CLICK ON THE POSITION, YOU THEN WILL BE DIRECTED TO COMPLETE AN ONLINE APPLICATION .
Fax: (302) 994-2156.
Mail: 702 First State Boulevard, Wilmington, DE, 19804.
Eastern States Construction Service, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Background Screening and Drug Testing Required